This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge Feedback Please!

Started by Zachary Ladwig, March 29, 2017 · 94 Replies · 2,216 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

i dropped a bit lower today, how does it look? 

Should I try to be more over my hands? 
also my shoulders continue to get crazily tired after 30-40 seconds (although this is after doing the whole TB series), how can I strengthen them in this position? 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

i dropped a bit lower today, how does it look? 

Should I try to be more over my hands? 
also my shoulders continue to get crazily tired after 30-40 seconds (although this is after doing the whole TB series), how can I strengthen them in this position? 

I think that at this stage you need to focus on locking out the knees without moving the hands...1 cms cab make the difference for sure. You can consider doing some bridge taps or bridge pushups.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

here is today’s effort 

tried to remain closer to the wall with knees locked out. Felt good definitely a difference. 
 

my shoulder position looks weird right? Like they are not open enough 

Alessandro Mainente

Lovely form!

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks again @Alessandro Mainente is the next step to get the feet together? Or to decrease the height?

I tried bringing them closer today 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Straddle legs bent knees --> straddle legs locked knees --> legs together bent knees --> leg together knees locked out --> lower the feet and begin from the straddle position.

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

 

today I filmed some hip taps I started trying to actually tap the hip now instead of shoulder. They felt as unstable as they look in the video! 
 

any advice?

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente

 

today I filmed some hip taps I started trying to actually tap the hip now instead of shoulder. They felt as unstable as they look in the video! 
 

any advice?

 

Hey Zachary, ideally the taps are strongly affected by weight distribution on the hands, so a front view is required here.

Zachary Ladwig

Oh right okay here is one. Still quite unstable

 

 

thank you as always 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zacahry, stop at 41 seconds, can you see the difference between left and right arm?

Zachary Ladwig

Yes I am leaning much more heavily on my right!!

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente a bridge from today. Would love your thoughts when you have a moment. 

 

I was wondering - should the legs and flutes be fully activated during bridge? Should anything be relaxed? I don’t tend to relax any muscles during it - but was wondering if that is holding me back.

 

also, I feel like this bridge was too much in my lower back and not enough in the upper back. Does that seem true? 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente a bridge from today. Would love your thoughts when you have a moment. 

 

I was wondering - should the legs and flutes be fully activated during bridge? Should anything be relaxed? I don’t tend to relax any muscles during it - but was wondering if that is holding me back.

 

also, I feel like this bridge was too much in my lower back and not enough in the upper back. Does that seem true? 

Well, you need to squeeze glutes to extend the hips...but not in the way you do for the planche where they help in the ppt. Usually, you feel it in the weak point. the bridge is still a movement of total spine extension...it won't be selective for a specific part.

Zachary Ladwig

Hello how is this position in bridge?

 

I didn’t realize there was such a sharp bend in my lower back. Is it too much? 
 

@Alessandro Mainente

 

CFA1A98B-EFAB-47B1-A7D2-3FF28E982A9B.png

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Hello how is this position in bridge?

 

I didn’t realize there was such a sharp bend in my lower back. Is it too much? 
 

@Alessandro Mainente

 

CFA1A98B-EFAB-47B1-A7D2-3FF28E982A9B.png

Hey Zachary, consider that the bridge is a total column extension, for sure if the shoulder flexion is not unlocked you finish to move the stress on the lower back..but it does not seem to be your situation.

Zachary Ladwig

Ah I see. So it is okay? I felt a little sore in the lower back the next day but wasn’t sure if it was from this 

 

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Ah I see. So it is okay? I felt a little sore in the lower back the next day but wasn’t sure if it was from this 

 

@Alessandro Mainente

one question more...are you beginning the first set from this height of your do something before? for example with my student i ask for som warmup set with the inverted cat position....

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente I do it as part of the thoracic bridge series usually 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente how is this bridge?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 minutes ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente how is this bridge?

 

 

nice progress!!