This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge Feedback Please!

Started by Zachary Ladwig, March 29, 2017 · 94 Replies · 2,216 Views

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

 

havent posted In a while here is a recent bridge. Any tips? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice one, now before moving down you should aim for moving the shoulder past the wrists, in order to do that you need to walk a bit more closer to the support.

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks! @Alessandro Mainente I tried doing that today. But I feel like it doesn’t look right. What do you think?

it looks like the stretch went more into my lower back and not through my shoulders? 

Alessandro Mainente

It is normal, is simply impossible focusing only on the thoracic spine. for every inch of extension in the T-spine you have to mobilize also the lower back.

Zachary Ladwig

Newest 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

it is the time to move lower!

Zachary Ladwig

Ah ok okay, I can’t actually go any lower with this setup, except for the floor. Is it time to go to the floor? 

Alessandro Mainente

not yet, an intermediate step is necessary.

Zachary Ladwig

Here is a recent bridge 

I feel sort of stuck at this level. Any tips? @Alessandro Mainente

It seems like my chest is not over my hands enough. True? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary, not yes, couple of cm more. but this is really good. you can gain cm simply by holding the legs together.

Zachary Ladwig

Unfortunately it’s been off and on for the past   8 months or so. But I am getting back into the rhythm.

 

here is this weeks. I feel like my shoulders look weirdly wide... is this the right position? @Alessandro Mainente

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Unfortunately it’s been off and on for the past   8 months or so. But I am getting back into the rhythm.

 

here is this weeks. I feel like my shoulders look weirdly wide... is this the right position? @Alessandro Mainente

 

IS possible to see also a front view?

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente yes! Here is one from this week. How does it look?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente yes! Here is one from this week. How does it look?

 

 

Can you see that you are putting a bit more weight on the right arm? in fact, in many moments the left one is locked (it needs to support less weight).

Zachary Ladwig

Had to unfortunately take some time off from bridge. But back at it now. How is this @Alessandro Mainente? Any feedback?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Had to unfortunately take some time off from bridge. But back at it now. How is this @Alessandro Mainente? Any feedback?

 

 

It is ok from the side...keep in mind my last correction you need to check for symmetrical weigth positioning.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente I did a back view again. It looks like I still have too much weight on the right arm, yes? Should I strive to have both arms locked out? Or no

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It seems better, keep working on it.

Zachary Ladwig

It was not pretty but first time getting 10 shoulder taps!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

It was not pretty but first time getting 10 shoulder taps!

 

 

Hey Zachary can you post the taps from the front.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente yes. Here is one from this week. How does it look?

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente yes. Here is one from this week. How does it look?

 

the secret here os the same of hs wall runs...lean a bit...notice that the lower the feet the harder to lean!!!

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente what do you mean lean? Towards the camera direction? Or you mean left/right? 

 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente does everything look okay in this bridge? For some reason I’ve been finding it hard to stay in a bridge for more than 30-40 seconds - my shoulders get very tired all of a sudden

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente does everything look okay in this bridge? For some reason I’ve been finding it hard to stay in a bridge for more than 30-40 seconds - my shoulders get very tired all of a sudden

 

 

Personally.........

i think its time to move the feet lower!

you had damn impressive improvements from your very first post!