This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge Feedback Please!

Started by Zachary Ladwig, March 29, 2017 · 94 Replies · 2,216 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi thanks! Here is the newest one. @Alessandro Mainente I still definitely need to be closer to the support 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

In order to check the correct amount of distance simply:

-lie on the floor

- keep toes closer to the mat

-keep heels closer to the butt. then lift.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Here is today’s attempt. I started closer to the mats. 

- it was much easier to get up 

- I could support my weight on each hand 

- I felt a much much bigger stretch i. My hip flexors. It was hard to straighten legs. 

- I started to feel it in my low back. Should I raise the height of the mats again? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is the time do drop one mat!

Zachary Ladwig

The newest version! @Pauline Taube@Alessandro Mainente

i am feeling it mostly in the front of the hips which is weird but a sign that my shoulders have gotten a lot more open :)

 

i didn’t decrease the mat height yet because I was feeling it in the hips.  Do you think I should for next time?

Alessandro Mainente

If you feel the stretch in the front of the hips probably you have tight quads and tight abs. also, notice that your heels are not aligned, your right one it is always lower. keep them aligned.

Zachary Ladwig

Newest one

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Nice improvement since the first post @Zachary Ladwig!  

I found useful to do the seal stretch daily for this one and even, sometimes, did it on my toes to feel more stretch in my abs and hip flexors. :)

Leo Trinidad

Solid work @Zachary Ladwig

John Kiggundu
On October 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Zachary Ladwig said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Here is today’s attempt. I started closer to the mats. 

- it was much easier to get up 

- I could support my weight on each hand 

- I felt a much much bigger stretch i. My hip flexors. It was hard to straighten legs. 

- I started to feel it in my low back. Should I raise the height of the mats again? 

 

 

@Zachary Ladwig many thanks for posting your TB journey. I have learned so much simply by watching your videos and seeing all the instruction notes. Most importantly, I used to enter the bridge in a very haphazard way, but when I saw the cues that @Alessandro Mainente gave for the right distance of the feet to the support and the glutes, I'm now consistent with my bridge and no longer hate doing it.

So thanks for all the posts and for showing us how it's done!

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work and improvements here. Now walk with your hands 10 cm closer to the mats!

Zachary Ladwig

@John Kiggundu thanks so much for kind words! I have done that exact thing with so many other peoples videos. I’m glad mine helped you.

 

@Alessandro Mainente here is my most recent! How does it look? I tried to come a bit closer to the mat 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Lock out your knees, this makes a huge difference!

Zachary Ladwig

most recent bridge. Not as good as previous IMO. Mornings are tougher usually

 

Zachary Ladwig

Most recent 

@Alessandro Mainente how does It look? I can feel my front body getting more flexible 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Once you put the hands on the floor do not move them, you lose all the references. On the other side if you know that, from the beginning position, you can pass the wrists level with the chest you need to stay in place with the hands in order to avoid future adjustment.

I think is time to move the feet lower.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente here is today’s attempt. I lowered the legs but struggled to get the chest over my hands. 

Does that mean my shoulders are not open enough still?

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work now...move lower!

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente I did! You want me to drop another mat?

Alessandro Mainente

If you can lock your knees out from the FIRST set, you should take off one mat.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente dropped a mat on this one. Haven’t made much progress recently sadly but thought I’d post. 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad, i would begin closer. ideally, when legs are together and knees locked you should pass the wrists.

Zachary Ladwig

Newest take @Alessandro Mainente

How is this?

I still need to get closer at this height I think

Alessandro Mainente

It is time to drop the feet down, the starting position is enough closer.

Zachary Ladwig

Most recent attempt 

 

 

quite a weird angle because I’m at a new gym and still figuring out where I’ll do these