Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introduction

Nas

Hello all,

My name is Nas, been lurking this forum for a couple of weeks now just reading up on whatever I can about gymnastics and strength training. I am 22, 5'10, 185-190lbs, this is not my first fitness endevour, i have been consistantly in the gym for about 4 years. I have also done all sorts of training styles and I find that I enjoyed Olympic lifting and Powerlifting the most. Due to those I feel that I have a decent strength base built up to a 80kg Snatch, 100kg Clean and Jerk, a personal best 500lb deadlift and 405lb squat.

What got me into the entire gymnastics thing is the fact that I will be going away to Europe and the Middle East for a few months travelling between countries without the convience of having a gym always there. I have done basic calisthenics but I do not feel that just push-ups and pull-ups will suffice (not to mention eventually bore me). I have a small set-up going at home, with Rings hanging from my ceiling, some PVC parallettes (although I am planning on builing some sturdier ones out of wood and steel). Soon to be equipment, I plan on building both a Mushroom and some stall bars.

Well playing around on the rings and parallettes has shown me that my "decent" base is really pretty cruddy. Here is a list of my goals short-term and long-term:

Short-term:

1. Build a higher work capacity

2. Muscle-ups

3. Front and back levers

4. Unsupported Handstands

5. Greatly increase flexibility, as I currently as stiff as a rock

Long-term:

1. Iron Cross

2. Planche

Goals will obviously be adjusted in time as I see where this goes.

Cheers,

Nas

Strong work! Welcome to the board. You've got good strength but your body is not used to these exercises neurologically speaking.

Thanks :), Yeah I think it will be a lot of work prepping until I get accustomed to the movements. I find it extremely impressive how you guys can control your bodies in so many different planes, just incredible!