Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Transitioning from advanced frog / Bulgarian Dips

sean.albo

Hey, I've two questions for anybody who might be able to impart some knowledge. I work on rings and other BtGB skills M/W/F, (and do quite a good deal of other training for capoeira, floreio art, dancing, and parkour) and have been working at two that I'm not sure if I am getting quite right.

1. Advanced frog - I think I'm holding this movement correctly, but am having great difficulty transitioning to the tucked variation (I cannot hold a tuck for more than 2 seconds when I am completely fresh). I thought perhaps I am training the advanced frog incorrectly, so I've included a video.

2. I believe what I am doing in the second video are bulgarian dips, but my beliefs tend to run counter to reality. Do these seem half-way decent, or should I return to normal dips?

Advanced Frog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p6cVutE7wA

(Bulgarian?) Dips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slnRudYBZps

Any suggestions or observations are greatly appreciated!

.Sean

Advanced frog stand looks good to me, although your hips are above horizontal and I'm not sure if that makes it harder or easier. Bulgarians need to be a little bit deeper, and your shoulders are shrugged up which I've heard isnt good for them. Support position should have rings turned outward.

Amebix spelled it out. I would like to see 90 degree angles in your elbows and shoulders when performing them and you are not turning the rings parallel much less out.

I would drop the rings more to make the straps longer and bend your heels at 90 degrees at your knees like 1/2 lay.

Joshua Naterman

Your advanced frog is pretty good, though your hips are a little high. Right now what you want to start doing is hold less of your weight with your knees. Does that make sense? You want to TRY to lift your knees into the tuck without actually doing the tuck. Don't go all out, take as much weight off while still holding for 10 seconds. You'll find that working the advanced frog this way is the best transition to the tuck planche.