Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trainig Advice??

Jeff S

I have been lurking on this form for months, thank you everyone for all the great info! I also have the building the gymnastics body books and videos and am still unclear as to exactly what to do. I use gymnastics as a form of cross training for Olympic lifting and can only break away from my program for 2 days a week max! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Two times a week: Tuesdays and Friday

6 sets of 5 seconds of: (total of 30 seconds of each exercise)

Back Lever - straddle

Front Lever - flat back

Planch - frog stand

L sit - rings(20 sec holds)

THEN

3 sets of 5 reps of the following in a circuit format

Wide grip L pull ups

Bulgarian dips

Yongs

Elevated HSPU

Planch push up

Body levers

V snaps

I guess I should supply some supplemental information as to exactly where I am am my level of fitness. I love Olympic Lifting its my hobby and now that I have started gymnastics 5 months ago I have been struggling which one I like best, I am although a much better lifter than gymnast therefore I feel that I get more out of lifting. The program I have been doing for gymnastics from August to November(2x a week) is the basic ring strength 3 video coach has posted(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Gym ... wnbE7hHsEU) I dont pull it off as clean as the demonstrator in the video and I have to scale the levers but Im fairly decent. Due to another wrist surgery I have been out of gymnastics from November to January and in that time focused on heavy back squats, front squats and a little running or what ever I could find that wouldnt require the use of my right arm(wrist) I have started back up both O Lifting and gymnastics 2 weeks ago and it has been a slow road. My wrist will only allow for 55-60kg snatches so I have been doing high rep sets to get my form and consistency back up. I can no longer do a hand stand so I felt the above program to address the digression in core and upper body strength and figured the snatches and C&J to take care of strengthening the wrist.

Far from what they would call elite however, I will put these numbers up just for a frame of reference as to my current level of fitness.

Weighted SLS - 30kg ish dont do a lot of them due to all the squatting

Muscle up - not very well due to wrist inflexibility. I can do 1 strict one but have not the wrist strength to link em' together.

Front squat / C&J - 125kg

Press - 81kg

Bench 109kg

Thank you in advance! I would appreciate any and all comments.