Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rotator Cuff

Kevin Herring

Kevin Herring

I've got a slight twinge in my right shoulder (job related).   So I'm not injured and would like to stay that way.  :D

How well does the Rings Warm Up (just the warm up) address shoulder rotator cuff health?

Does anyone have another recommendation to books or web sights that give advice for non-injured persons?

Kevin Herring

I should amend this by saying while injury free I have very tight shoulders and biceps.  I am doing the handstand mobility as prescribed but progress is slow.  So my question is about shoulder health first and having rotator cuff exercises as part of that.  

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Kevim before attempting specific rotator cuff muscles you need release the shoulders tissue by progressing up to foundations 3 and 4. the necessity of having possible range of motion will leads to faster progress on rotator cuff strengthening.

• Upvote 1

Id also recommend in getting some body work done Kevin. Sometimes you need someone to work out the tissue for you to get a jump start. 

• 4 weeks later...
Kevin Herring

Been a while since I've checked the forums.  :blink: My how times flies. 

Tanya, thanks for the suggestion.  I'd love to have someone who's knowledgeable have a go at my issues.  I really need to reach out in the community to see if there is anyone in the area that knows what they're doing. 

What search words for the types of treatments should I look for?  I know I could get just a "massage" but I'm more interested in results than pampering. 

Bas Albinus

Myofascial release with a lacrosse ball (or similar) helps me a lot to recover from a recent shoulder injury and subsequent surgery.
I'm currently doing physiotherapy which is  including a great deal of scap shrugs on unstable surfaces, rotator cuff exercises with flex bands or min. weights, weighted mobility and of course stretching!
You can find a bunch of stuff on youtube etc and try to find what you need or what works for you - or go straight to the gb online classes - shoulder mobility, for a great full-on shoulder prehab session.
https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/oc-shoulder-flexibility-beginner/ 
If you don't have an injury or any specific problem you ll be just fine with this routine and sticking to your Foundation exercises.
An acupressure massage or acupuncture/dry needling once in a while is also not a bad idea.