Hello, I'm no stranger to typical gym routines, but my mobility/flexibility is sorely lacking. I have minor scoliosis which has contributed to a number of structural imbalances in my hips and shoulders. I also have horrific mobility in my thoracic spine, and my internal rotation of my left hip is something like 5 degrees. My hip stability is also lacking on that side. With my left foot back in a lunge my left hip drops forcing my weight into my right hip and causing the front right knee to cave inwards.
I've also been actively working to touch my toes for years (and I've rarely gotten further than mid shin). I feel a ridiculous amount of resistance behind my knee and in my mid calf. Even after working with an active isolated stretching professional for 3 months I saw very little improvement. So I guess my question is, are the programs here appropriate for someone such as myself, and might they help resolve some of the issues I'm having? If not, is there a particular type of professional or modality that someone might be able to recommend to try to resolve some of these nagging issues (I live in DC)?
Thank you so much for your time!