Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motivational videos of people's GB journeys

Robert Lopez

Does anyone here have or know of any good motivational, GB journey videos, sharing their progression from when they first started the GB courses (strength and mobility), compared to where they are at today? I can't seem to find any good ones on YouTube, besides someone's review on the course work. 

As I noticed this gap, I started recording videos of my form during some of the course work from the get go (I started F1, H1, and the stretch series almost 2 months ago) and I am very excited to create a video 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc. from now because I think it will be very motivational to others. I cant believe how much I have already progressed (mainly in mobility) since when I first started 2 months ago.

Two months ago if you were to tell me in less than two months time I would be able to hold a headstand for over a minute I would have told you you were crazy. Right now, I can probably hold one for 5 minutes straight if I needed to. I know it's not a handstand, but I can guarantee I will be doing them soon enough. 

Other noticeable, personal progress I have made since starting 2 months ago (things I really struggled with when first starting):

Core:

-hollow body (PPT) form is starting to feel really natural

-table form getting way better (shoulder and hip mobility improved)

-seated Russian twists: used to struggle doing 10 reps. Now I'm doing 5x30 and I'm good at doing them

Upper and lower body:

-I have a long background in fitness and strength training, so these exercises have been pretty easy for me to progress in, but I can tell my endurance is getting better handling the volume (5 sets of push ups + iM, and 5 sets of ring rows + iM example)

-my scapular shrugs form and endurance has greatly improved since starting. My range of motion is great and I'm finally up to 4 sets of 12reps

H1:

-I'm happy with how much my wrist mobility has progressed

stretch series:

-I'm noticing improvements every weekly session. The holds are slowly getting easier, but it's a noticeable difference.

• Upvote 2

Darin Phoenix

Hi Robert, 

It's great to hear about your progress. The forum community is a fantastic place to share your experiences. I look forward to following your journey and watching your video in 6 months time.

As Alessandro said stay consistent and keep working hard.

• Upvote 2

Hi Robert,

Good idea on recording and sharing your progress. I sure wish I could have documented everything too. I can check my progress through my posts from facebook and instagram but those videos just wont reveal the number of hours you have spent on training. Thanks for sharing your progress. Please keep posting. The forum community will definitely appreciate your GST journey. :)

• Upvote 2