Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New member, feedback on program

SorenPA

Introduction (The reader can skip this)

Greetings all, I am a new member of this community. I am a 27 year old guy from Denmark. I have been doing sports most of my life, mostly swimming and diving (with some gymnastic training for the jumps). Last summer i stumbled upon an article from Coach Sommer at dragondoor.com introducing me to the front lever and planche static holds. I had been following a standard 3-split workout with weights for around a year and was stuck (mostly due to a shoulder injury from chest exercises), so i decided to try these exercises out and start on bodyweight exercises. I started with the stuff i knew (pull ups, chins, dips and HeSPU), and combined it with the planche and front lever. I was amazed at how fun these exercises were, so i decided that this was what i wanted to train, and abandoned the weights completely (except for doing weighted chins etc.). Now I have bought the book BtGB and a pair of XR rings and I am happy I did! My problem now is that i have too many fun and good exercises to fit in a single workout, so I need a program. Hence this post.

The Program

I have tried to build a program around a M/T/Th/F schedule. The plan is to run about 5 km twice a week (W/Weekend) for some cardio. Each training day I am planning to do static holds and pair them with a dynamic exercise. I will progress both static work and dynamic exercises when I am comfortable with the current version. I plan to run a "Grease the groove" routine on the side with free handstand balancing and HSPU progressions. I Plan to do this routine also on off days. I will use the abbrevations from the BtGB book.

Monday:

Front lever (straddle) + SLS

Planche (flat tuck) + Dips (single bar undergrip)

Back lever (full) + curls (Reverse chins)

L-Sit (PB advanced) + HLL (V to L)

Tuesday:

Front lever (straddle) + Leg curls (natural)

Planche (flat tuck) + Push ups (Planche pushup preparation)

Back lever (full) + Pull-ups (L-sit)

L-Sit (PB advanced) + Obliques (wind shield wipers - half)

Thursday:

Front lever (straddle) + SLS

Planche (flat tuck) + HSPU (against wall)

Back lever (full) + Chin-ups (L-sit)

L-Sit (PB advanced) + V-Ups

Friday:

Front lever (straddle) + Leg curls (natural)

Planche (flat tuck) + Push ups (Planche pushup preparation)

Back lever (full) + Rows (front lever tuck)

L-Sit (PB advanced) + RLL (wall HS)

Goal

The overall agenda is is to have fun while building maximal strength and maintaining a healthy body. The first goal is to achieve a solid front lever and planche hold, together with a solid free handstand balance and HSPU (I can do a wall HSPU so its mainly strength for the balance). Once I have achieved these I will begin working on mixing the exercises doing cranks for instance. Once I have installed my XR rings i will try to move the exercises above to these (L-sits, levers etc.)

Outro

I have tried to fill in as much information as possible, so you know where I am at currently. I will greatly appreciate any thoughts on the program and pointers to what I might improve. If you find the program solid I would also like to hear that, so I know if I'm on the right track.

Kind regards

SorenPA