Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

simply question on the rings

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

i have a homemade pairs of rings but when i'm doing some routine my hand's palm hurt....is because my rings are made with iron?? i should cover them with something special??

thanks for who answer

alex

Joshua Naterman

The material probably has something to do with it. I'd cover them with some tennis wrap if you can't get plastic rings. They may be too skinny to be comfortable, and the tennis wrap will make them thicker as well as slightly padded.

The material probably has something to do with it. I'd cover them with some tennis wrap if you can't get plastic rings. They may be too skinny to be comfortable, and the tennis wrap will make them thicker as well as slightly padded.

Talk about a sweet grip. Tournagrip would feel awesome. Problem is, it might become a crutch. Once, you play tennis with that stuff, you can't go back to a bare grip

Joshua Naterman

If he posts a picture of one of the rings in his hand I'm sure we can make much more accurate speculations!

Alessandro Mainente
http://www.kettlebellclub.com/photos/Kettlebell.png these are called kettlebell...i can't upload a photo because i have some problem with this stupid pc...my "rings" are very similar to the highest part of the kettlebell (where i put my hand) without the weight...is different if punt some electrician's schotch tape?

... i have a homemade pairs of rings but when i'm doing some routine my hand's palm hurt...

This is a common issue for those who are not used to supporting their entire bodyweight on their hands. Focus on gradually increasing your training volume and this discomfort will pass as your hand strength improves.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 2 weeks later...
Alessandro Mainente

what i use for the routines on the rings are very similar to these...see the link's photo (but a little more big than the photo)

http://www.gervasisport.it/mini/Kettler_Impugnatura.jpg

in the future could i have any problem in some skills because the form of these homemade "rings" ?

I'd reccomend making some homemade rings with pvc by bending them in an oven and wrapping them around a paintcan while cooling. The guide I saw uses chain to be run through and around and then clacked together with a small D-ring and then uses cargo straps.

All told should be about 10-15 bucks. Sets like these usually sell for 30 bucks online but I'm sure that is 2-3x their actual material cost. Tape them with athletic tape.

I'm sorta waiting till I have enough money to make about 5 pairs. Grr.

Joshua Naterman

The pvc is the way to go. You don't even need to wrap them with tape, just take low grit sandpaper like 120 or 80 or something, and sand the pvc until it's not shiny anymore after you've bent it and cooled it. It'll have as much grip as the xtreme rings, and you'll feel much better when you're exercising. You'll want 3/4 inch schedule 40 pipe, most likely.