Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remedial Shoulder Extension

Jared Hallett

Jared Hallett

Hello,

I have very poor shoulder extension and tight biceps.  Any suggestions for exercises that might help?  The exercises at the beginning of the thoracic stretch series put a lot of stress on my elbow.  I'm supposing I could try similar stretches but place my hands out more widely and/or turn my hands to the side (instead of back).  But that's just a guess.  I also do shoulder dislocates with both grips.  Thanks.

Jared

Coach Sommer

Hello Jared,

The Manna elements, especially later in Foundation, focus quite strongly on shoulder extension.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Leonhard Krahé

Hi Jared,
A while ago, Daniel Chan of BodyTree GST shared a very nice and very scaleable shoulder extension drill on stall bars via his instagram account (see below) which has helped me a ton.

I have seen some good improvements with shoulder extension since I incorporated it, my ROM has improved (measured by my grip width and perceived discomfort in HS/PE2>iM) and my shoulder feels a ton better and more resilient - there is much more leeway between getting in some work and overworking/irritating my shoulder for the gazillionth time. I do that drill in every warm up (along with table rocks) as well as after some workouts, depending on how I and my shoulder feel.

• Upvote 3

Jared Hallett

I'll give this a shot, thanks.  In general do I want to be retracting/depressing the shoulders when stretching shoulder extension?