Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buying the stretch series

Chris Toynbee

Chris Toynbee

Hi,

I was thinking about buying the stretch series. I already bought the foundation series.

I really like the way the foundation series talks you through each exercise with the tip videos.

Does the stretch series have the same technique tips videos with the "talk through" guide?

Jason DeFranco

It sure does!! If you like the foundation course, you will like the stretch series. I recommend purchasing it.

i have noticed increased flexibility since I purchased the course a month ago.

The stretch series is done with a walk-through class with three students for the 45m session, along with very helpful tip videos for the separate exercises that has recommendations for how to scale each. 

I've been doing it for several months now and it's still brutal for me but the guidance on what you should be doing for each stretch is excellent.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Chris in order to give you the best advice, can you tell me where are you limitations on foundation mobility? shoulder? hips? posterior chain?

I just bought the stretch series and was blown away at how well @Wesley Tan explains everything in the separate tip videos. It's way too soon for me to know what benefits I'll get, but I'm extremely happy I pulled the trigger. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Chris

I would also recommend the Stretch series, challenging but extremely well put together and effective.

If you decide to purchase it, when you first open it you may only see the follow along class.

You need to click on the  link under ' lessons and progressions rather than 'my available workouts' to see the exercises individually. You will see an link to 'exercise video' which is demo of the exercise, and a 'technique tip' which is Wesley's 'how to' demo. If you are a beginner like me I would recommend watching Wesley's talk through- I have been doing the series for a few months now but I still refer back to them to help my form etc.  I wold echo other comments here, Wesley's demo's are immensely helpful.

hope this is helpful

lucy

Chris Toynbee
On 10/27/2016 at 11:44 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Chris in order to give you the best advice, can you tell me where are you limitations on foundation mobility? shoulder? hips? posterior chain?

hi Alessando

Thanks for asking that question.

I guess I should have asked if people its necessary to have the middle split course in order to do the handstand course. I noticed a couple of places mentioned you need the pancake to do the press handstand. Is that correct?

I also trying to address a left/right imbalance that could the be the result of my left side of my body being tighter than my right. I often get thigh pain/ discomfort when I lunge with the left leg back but nothing on the right. I've noticed the tightness and pain is getting better since I started the foundation course. I'm wondering if I might be able to kick it to the curb using the front split course.

I realise that 2nd question probably isn't answerable without consulting a trainer or therapist and is somewhat rhetorical.

Alessandro Mainente

Basically I would look to stretch series as a tool to reduce the bigger limitation FIRST: so adductors? look for MS, shoulders? lock for TS and if the posterior chain it is so bad then the FS.

• Upvote 1

Chris Toynbee
On 10/27/2016 at 7:37 AM, Trevor Lewis said:

The stretch series is done with a walk-through class with three students for the 45m session, along with very helpful tip videos for the separate exercises that has recommendations for how to scale each. 

I've been doing it for several months now and it's still brutal for me but the guidance on what you should be doing for each stretch is excellent.

I just bought the middle split stretch workout. I was expecting to see the tips video on the same page but I can't see it.

Is this what everyone else gets on their middle split page:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7neefj37tij2npf/Screenshot 2016-11-01 10.27.30.png?dl=0

That's the workout page. Go to the main dashboard, scroll to the bottom, click Stretch Series, Click Middle Splits Series, should show you the entire list of movements + tips videos.