Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to start GB WODs

Guest anothermartini

I have 2 questions regarding the daily GB WODs

1.) At one point, level of strength, is it advisable to begin following the GB WODs as posted by Coach.

I can be no means perform them as prescribed, however, in most cases I can perform a suitable progression. Is it okay to have to perform an easier progression for each skill?

2.) In the programming section of BtGB, it mentions that the entire body should be exercised every workout. However, to me, many WODs appear to be either upper body or lower body centric. For example, today's WOD, 1/08/10, is all upper body.

Does the WOD operate under the assumption that other training is being performed? ex. static holds... which I do before the WOD.

I realize Coach's athletes perform a lot more work outside of the WOD, which surely completes their workout, but for those like myself, who need a complete routine, is the WOD enough work to build the GB everyone desires?

What if anything should be added?

1. Yes, they can be scaled.

2. GB prefers an all body workout, but the mainpage GB WOD is one of limited volume that will garner gains. The WOD is the workout as stated, I gather.