Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deck squat sets and reps

EHILL

What would be the correct set and rep template for deck squats progression?

Would I need to follow a 5 set 3 to 5 reps on my deck squat progressions?

I notice in most of the workout logs that most people are doing squats and dead lifts. I know everyone has there own personal goal but I was just wondering why not to many people follow the book for there leg workouts and choose to do squats and D.L.

Thx...

Neal Winkler

My guess would be (I haven't asked anyone) is that the reason they do weights for the legs is that weights are superior for lower body strength and power.

The detriment is that you may put on too much leg size that it is not optimal for making it through the upper body progressions, or the combination of the two may put too much stress on the CNS if you are not careful. Since no one here (except Gregor) has the ability to go to the Olympics, they probably don't care.

As far as the best sets/reps for deck squats, it all depends on your training history. Since you are asking the question, I assume you are a beginner.

Anytime you are training, you should always do the least amount of work required to progress. When starting off with these exercises, it's normals to start with 3 sets of 5 reps (3x5). This should be sufficient to progress for a while. After you get stronger, you will require different stimulus to keep progressing. Maybe you will need 5x3 or 5x5 or 6x3 or whatever.