Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting stall bars!!! YAY… Which one of these two?

Suzanna McGee

@Kenneth Stainback For the top offset, 2" is on the short side and 5 1/4" is on the long side. The bigger the offset the easier the leg raises will be, but that also means you may get a little less benefit. About 4 inches is what I'd consider the standard for the offset.

• Upvote 1

Suzanna McGee
19 hours ago, Kenneth Stainback said:

@Suzanna McGee, the 2-inch offset for the top bar... has that been good for your hanging leg lifts - your back is supported properly, etc.? I'm trying to confirm the top bar distance best for HLLs. It appears Infitness no longer makes the 7' 10" model. The Rangley is currently 7' 6" (see table of models at the bottom of this page). If I go up in height to the Portland model (8' tall), the top bar offset increases from 2" to 5 1/4". I'm guessing if 2" works well for you, 5 1/4" would be to much.

Kenneth, they work just perfectly for me… My shoulders were in really bad shape when I started GST last year, and in the beginning when doing all the leg raises, I felt a slight discomfort. With time, doing my elevated cats, Foundation, TBS etc, my shoulders are so much better and leg raises are now comfortable… also, you could speak with Adam (at infitnessequipment) and discuss if he could make them taller. He was extremely helpful and seemed that he could do anything. Also, you could put a few wood blocks under the bars to get them a little bit higher, if needed. Check with him and see what he can do for you. 

• Upvote 1

Kenneth Stainback

Thanks @Kai Ewert. The top bar offset I'm looking for is what will make the HLL the most "strict"... taking the upper body out of the equation. I have an nice pull up bar already, so I can do most everything else with it (pull ups, hang rings, etc.).

Kenneth Stainback
8 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Kenneth, they work just perfectly for me… My shoulders were in really bad shape when I started GST last year, and in the beginning when doing all the leg raises, I felt a slight discomfort. With time, doing my elevated cats, Foundation, TBS etc, my shoulders are so much better and leg raises are now comfortable… also, you could speak with Adam (at infitnessequipment) and discuss if he could make them taller. He was extremely helpful and seemed that he could do anything. Also, you could put a few wood blocks under the bars to get them a little bit higher, if needed. Check with him and see what he can do for you. 

Thanks, @Suzanna McGee. Contacting Infitness and using blocks to raise the bars are both great ideas.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ruairidh Leishman
On 26/04/2017 at 3:28 PM, Benjamin Nutt said:

Is that thing bolted to the wall? Am I just not seeing the bolts?

Asking because I REALLY want (need) stall bars, and want to do minimal damage to the walls in my rented apartment.

@Benjamin Nutt Am I right in thinking that your stall bars are in a slight recess in the room? Do you have sufficient width for all the GST exercises? I'm only asking because if I purchase stall bars, they will be in a relatively tight space too. It's just not possible for me to mount them in the middle of the room because of space limitations. 

Benjamin Nutt
2 hours ago, Ruairidh Leishman said:

@Benjamin Nutt Am I right in thinking that your stall bars are in a slight recess in the room? Do you have sufficient width for all the GST exercises? I'm only asking because if I purchase stall bars, they will be in a relatively tight space too. It's just not possible for me to mount them in the middle of the room because of space limitations. 

I think you might have quoted the wrong person; I don't own stall bars at this time.

Ruairidh Leishman
On 10/10/2016 at 10:46 AM, John Cunningham said:

I have that exact Artimex one. It's really solid and well built and will last and look classy too. The oval rungs are best especially when hanging as they are more comfortable on your back.

There are plenty of accessories you can get with the Artimex one like pull up bars and dip stations but I haven't felt the need for them just yet.

Capture.PNG

@John Cunningham Am I right in thinking that your stall bars are in a slight recess in the room? Do you have sufficient width for all the GST exercises? I'm only asking because if I purchase stall bars, they will be in a relatively tight space too. It's just not possible for me to mount them in the middle of the room because of space limitations. 

Suzanna McGee
56 minutes ago, Ruairidh Leishman said:

Do you have sufficient width for all the GST exercises?

You will have some exercises, like the 1/2 windmills and windmills where you will need to move the legs to the side and will need some space on the sides. I have much more space than in John's picture, and still hit the side wall because my legs are long. I need to move myself off center on the stall bars to clear the wall. Also other things, like different iMs, straddle inverted, I have to put my feet on the outsides of the stall bars. 

You can see how much space I have to the left of me and still hitting the wall. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 1.48.58 PM.png

• Upvote 2

Ruairidh Leishman

@Suzanna McGee, thanks for taking the time to post a reply and a pic. Based upon what you are saying, I'd have plenty of space in one direction and for the other, hanging off-centre like you do, should work. 

• Upvote 1

John Cunningham
On 7/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, Ruairidh Leishman said:

@John Cunningham Am I right in thinking that your stall bars are in a slight recess in the room? Do you have sufficient width for all the GST exercises? I'm only asking because if I purchase stall bars, they will be in a relatively tight space too. It's just not possible for me to mount them in the middle of the room because of space limitations. 

@Ruairidh Leishman Yes they are in a slight recess. I don't do anything beyond the width of the bars so are fine for me now. I'm on F1 and so far so good. Maybe @Suzanna McGee can advise if you need them when you get as advanced as she is.

Laura Gehant

My boyfriend works at a local gym and in the process of trying to convince corporate to let him incorporate stall bar conditioning into the Pilates program there, they ordered a set from Vita Vibe so we got to preview it and their bars are indeed very solid. So we just ordered a set for home use. The pricing on Amazon is very good. $239 plus $20 shipping. Very excited!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
Jeff Barletta

This might be a dumb question but....

I see people with rings strapped to their stall bars: with the top-rung only offset by 2 inches, how is it possible to do any ring work? I am still early in Foundation 1 so maybe there are exercises later in the program that I am not aware of that would be able to utilize the rings on the stall bars?

Mikey Cunanan

Hey @Jeff Barletta

That's a great question. Hanging a set of gymnastic rings of the top rung of stall bars will serve useful for rowing variations (where your feet are supported on the floor. 

For later the later progressions you will need to find a sturdy overhead anchor to hang your rings for suspended ring exercises. Especially as you the Foundation 2 pull-up and dip variations.

• 1 month later...
Stephen Desrosiers

Hey @Suzanna McGee

How are you liking your Rangeley stall bars? I've been doing research cause I'm in need of a set of stall bars as well. The thoracic bridge stretch series will be a whole lot easier once I buy a set. :)

I'm looking into the Rangeley as well cause Infitness Equipment offers a 6'10" option, which would be the perfect height for my basement. How is the Rangeley for hanging leg lifts? I read that the top rung is 2" out from all the other rungs, as opposed to 5 1/4" out like the Acadia model is. 

Stephen Desrosiers
On July 2, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Suzanna McGee said:

@Suzanna McGee Oops! Just saw now that you answered this same question from @Kenneth Stainback. :)

• Like 1

Suzanna McGee
4 hours ago, Stephen Desrosiers said:

@Suzanna McGee Oops! Just saw now that you answered this same question from @Kenneth Stainback. :)

Perfect! Also, I am 6 feet tall, and have the "regular" height of the stall bars (didn't do any extra elevation) and they fit just perfectly. When I hang for long time and my spine decompresses, I can reach the ground with my tip-toes, but otherwise not. Just perfect. 

20 minutes ago, Tanya Hill said:

Congrats Suzanne! Can't wait to see your stall bars in use. ;)

Thank you, Tanya! Yes,  I need to post more photos/videos… I truly love my stall bars, it is the best piece of furniture in my living room…  Now I even put christmas lights around them too, hee hee  :-) 

• 1 month later...
Scott Foreman

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for the comments, pictures, and suggestions in this thread. All of this information was very helpful in my purchase of the Vita Vibe stall bars: https://www.vitavibe.com/36-Wide-Stall-Bars-Swedish-Bars-With-Chin-Up-Bar_p_70.html. I have the ceiling space, so I got the 90" version and am glad I did. Pull ups are better with a higher bar. Anyway, I'm thrilled to finally be able to do a number of the GST exercises that use the bars and you all helped tremendously in this process. Thanks, again. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Demetrios Valeras
On 12/29/2017 at 6:51 AM, Scott Foreman said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for the comments, pictures, and suggestions in this thread. All of this information was very helpful in my purchase of the Vita Vibe stall bars: https://www.vitavibe.com/36-Wide-Stall-Bars-Swedish-Bars-With-Chin-Up-Bar_p_70.html. I have the ceiling space, so I got the 90" version and am glad I did. Pull ups are better with a higher bar. Anyway, I'm thrilled to finally be able to do a number of the GST exercises that use the bars and you all helped tremendously in this process. Thanks, again. 

Scott.  I"m looking to purchase the 80 inch version myself.  What are you thoughts after having it for a few months now?  Any issues?  Thanks!

Scott Foreman
On 3/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Demetrios Valeras said:

Scott.  I"m looking to purchase the 80 inch version myself.  What are you thoughts after having it for a few months now?  Any issues?  Thanks!

Demetrios, I can't say enough good things about the bars. They are rock solid. I use them for stretching, pull ups, and with the belly band and I feel completely comfortable putting all my weight on them. I know they're expensive, but I'm confident I'll have these for a long time. Good luck! 

• 9 months later...
Suli Sullivan

Hey,

Does anyone know where to get some good quality stall bars in the UK?

The weight limits for a lot of bars is 120kg -130kg, but 150kg would be ok though. 

Artimex don't seem too helpful, and take ages responding to emails. It's been 5 weeks and I'm getting no where.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks.