Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please critics and advices to my SSC

Spanyard

Hi, Im just going to start a new SSC and I would like to desing it the right way. Ive been doing conditioning 3 times per week and I felt is time to go up to 4 times per week, Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday, here is what I thought based on my knowledge and WODs, adapting it to my current level. Any suggestion or criticism more than welcome :D

Monday:

3x5 Deck pistols

3x5 Natural leg curls

3x5 Body levers and oblique core work

60 seconds total straddle L

Stretching and prehab

Tuesday:

3x3 Basic ring strenght nº 1

2x8 Bridge wall walks

2x10 Wall extensions

Thursday:

3xPlanche hold + 3 tuck planche pushups

3xFront lever hold + 3 front lever rows

3xBack lever hold + 4 RLL on swedish ladder

3xL sit hold + HLL to L on swedish ladder

Stretching and prehab

Friday:

1 min wall HS runs

3x1 min wall HS

2x6 press HS mixing one straight arm and one bend arm

2x10 wrist pushups

Quick Start Test Smith

Why are you only doing stretching and prehab after your Monday and Friday workouts?

Looks like a decent well rounded minimalist program, enjoy. I have no idea what you were doing before. You may not get huge gains from merely working things only 1x a week, but I think there will be some gains to be had and I'm not sure of your goals.

I'm thinking he's only 2d/week as an introduction to employing them in his programming.

to Patrick: when I plan stretching Im thinking about active flexibility exercises and hard stretches. When I do them my legsusually get sored few days before they recover, thats why I just plan to do stretching twice per week. Of course Ill do warm up and cold down and there will be some stretches, but I didnt put those as I considere them obvious.

to Blairbob: Ive been working 3 days per week, 2 of them doing

3x 8 seg tuck planche hold with 5xdips and 5xPseudo planche pushups lifting feet to ground at the bottom

3x8 seg advanced tuck front lever mixed with 3xL-chinups and 3x straight Front lever pulls

3x8seg advanced tuck back lever with 3xRLL on swedish bar

and the other day 3m wall HS, 3x4 negative Body levers and 3x5 assisted SLS, this day I also did some tumbling and trampoline first.

My main goals are increasing lower back strenght, MP pushing and active flexibility, so straddle L to HS could be a nice goal as example, but I do breakdancing about 5 times per week, so the last thing I want is get overtrained, I prefer not huge gains but being healty. Thanks both for your replies. Waiting for more advices :D

Yep, its a lot trust me hahaha anothesr thing I dont know well are if its better to do the strenght work first and then breaking or viceversa and if its better to stretch a lil bit first and then do active flexibility work as straddle L and then the hard stretching session or first the hard stretches followed by the active flexibility work. Thanks a lot

I think break first, strength after because of the dynamic nature of break'n. Rest and refueling would be a good idea.

Quick Start Test Smith
to Patrick: when I plan stretching Im thinking about active flexibility exercises and hard stretches. When I do them my legsusually get sored few days before they recover, thats why I just plan to do stretching twice per week. Of course Ill do warm up and cold down and there will be some stretches, but I didnt put those as I considere them obvious.

Can you give me an example of active flexibility exercises? I'm not familiar with how a gymnast would use those. Perhaps you mean static-active flexibility...

Anyway, according to Thomas Kurz (stadion.com), you should not be sore after stretching. Any kind of stretching. If you are sore, you are stretching too hard. I advise you to go a little lighter on your stretches and be sure to do them after each workout. If you do them properly, they should be helping with your DOMS, not increasing or causing it.

I read in this forum that is better to do at first 1 or 2 sessions of hard stretching during the week to build work capacity in stretching, as it is another kind of "conditioning". Of course I will stretch after practise or conditioning but not as hard as those two days. Basically I do stuff with rubber bands combined with straddle L progressions. I first work on increasing hamstring ROM lying on the floor and doing an exercise that u can find on youtube at a user called "elasticsteel", it helped me a lot on working them and also helps the hip flexors increasing their ROM too. I also do some kind of static kicks from martial arts with one of my feet on the wall, and it helps to build strenght in the supporting leg while youre stretching and strenghtening at the same time. I read the basic principle is strenght work the agonist-stretching the antagonist so knowing that is quite easy to build a routine. Hope it helps : )

Quick Start Test Smith
I read in this forum that is better to do at first 1 or 2 sessions of hard stretching during the week to build work capacity in stretching, as it is another kind of "conditioning". Of course I will stretch after practise or conditioning but not as hard as those two days. Basically I do stuff with rubber bands combined with straddle L progressions. I first work on increasing hamstring ROM lying on the floor and doing an exercise that u can find on youtube at a user called "elasticsteel", it helped me a lot on working them and also helps the hip flexors increasing their ROM too. I also do some kind of static kicks from martial arts with one of my feet on the wall, and it helps to build strenght in the supporting leg while youre stretching and strenghtening at the same time. I read the basic principle is strenght work the agonist-stretching the antagonist so knowing that is quite easy to build a routine. Hope it helps : )

Yeah, there are different methods of stretching.

I found a link here to a guys website and he did stretching as a workout and only a few times a week but he was very flexible. Can't remember who he was... :x

Hi all again, tomorrow I'll do the maximal tests to the static exercises and to the ring series, and I got some questions about it:

* should the ring strenght series exhaust you from the first one?

* what about going from back lever to front lever? should I do a german pull and a FL pull on each one or just in the last?

Thanks all : D