Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rotator Cuff Surgery Rehab

Brian Muckells

Brian Muckells

Hi Everyone, I injured my shoulder while boxing last May and Ive had Physio over the past year and been told it was bicep tendonitis, After I went through private health care to get a MRI Scan it shows I have a torn rotator cuff and small tear on my tendon, I know I will be getting a basic rehab program from the hospital my operation is Sept 28th but has anyone had any similar surgery that could point me in the direct of a good rehab program to follow, The surgeon has told me no upper body work for 3/4 months after my operation while this will drive me insane Im looking at the big picture, Thank you in advance 

Hi Brian, 

A torn rotator cuff is not something that I have experienced myself. I recommend doing what your doctor recommends and when you are cleared to do upper body again GymnasticBodies is definitely to programming to help you build back up your range of motion. 

@Wesley Tan have you worked with anyone with this injury?

• Upvote 1

Hi Brian,

Your rehab program will be dictated by your physio in coordination with your surgeon.  Doctors have their specific protocols that will need to be followed. In the meantime, if it were me, I would focus on Middle split and Front split stretch course (modified to follow your physician's advice) and Foundation core work while following Doctors advice of no upper body work.  Towards the end of rehab, I would go over with your physio the specific GST elements you are going to progress towards down the line to come up with a solid path for recovery.

Best of Luck,

Ryan

• Upvote 3