Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Been having some problems with the frog stand

Rampage

I've just started to begin to do the frog stand, but I've been having some problems with it; first, I think I feel too much pression/sort-of pain in my knees, because they are the ones who basically sustain me there, and second, I also recorded myself trying it, and I can't seem to put my back straight like the kid in the pictures, instead it's too arched, and I either bend my arms too much, or go forwards too much, so I'm pretty close to the ground.

Any pointers with this? Thanks in advance.

Knees? :!: :?: :shock:

You mean ELBOWS, right?

Well, it's actually both, but I feel it more on my knees, because I squeeze more with them.

...do you had already any kind of physical preparation? You should try to strenghten your joints. Why I told you this? Because I had knee pains the first months of my parkour training, and, doing squats, the pain left me

Personally i feel the frog stand is more of a balance kind of thing rather than being demanding in the strength department. Especially for people who just started, the balance factor is something that needs to be overcome. Personally i also needed a few weeks to get the balance right before i progressed to the advanced frog stand.

I've seen some strength gains with the frog stand for some of my beginners. Bare in mind, these kids were pretty weak to begin with.