Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Revelation

Graham Smith

Graham Smith

So I just read the August newsletter, and the bit on shoulder mobility about reaching behind you and touching your pinkies together.  I tried it.  I couldn't even touch my pinkies together.  No problem, I'll just sit up a bit higher.  Still nope.  Sit a bit higher? nope.  Higher still? Nope, because that's the end range of my hip flexibility!

I've got a LOT of work to do.  back to F1 for me :lol:

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Keeo working man, think about how much time you passed without working on your weak point.

• Upvote 1

Leo Trinidad

Yes keep on working man. You are not alone on this. Refining is neverending my friend. :) 

Graham Smith

Thanks guys.  the encouragement means a lot, because at the moment it feels a bit hopeless.  (taken some time off from aerial silks training due to recuurent shoulder impingemwent...I think I've fgured out the cause of that!)

Sad thing is 20 years ago I was a competetive gymnast and rings were my specialty.  Amazing how destructive riding a desk is.  I'm stronger now than I was then as a teenager, so I didn't think I had a problem.  One reason I keep coming back to GST is just how humbling it is. 

• Upvote 5