Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bent arms in planche

Fady Georgi

Hi,

While training for planche (currently I'm in tucked progression) I'm having some bent in my arm (it's about 15 degrees), actually when trying to use straight arms usually I loose tension ... then I loose my balance ... so to avoid this I start with some bent in my arm then lean my body forward getting my hips higher then I try to extend my arms as much as I can ...

So my question is, shall this bent disappear by working continuously to extend arms more, or I shall change my training protocol?

also is it normal to loose tension and balance with trying full straight arm due to lack of enough strength or this could be due to some physical problem in my elbows ?

Thanks a lot !

Fady

It is much harder with straight arms, that is why you are 'loosing tension'. You are most likely trying something too difficult for you, and you should back off and only do the progressions you can do with correct form (straight arms).

Hi Razz,

Thanks for reply.

Actually frog stand with straight arms is easy for me ...

So shall I go for tucked with lower hips position ... so I can keep my arms straight ... and work gradually on rising my hips?

(Actually when I started for tucked planche training I started with straight arms and low hips, by time when trying to progress making hips higher I got this bent in my arms :? ... may be it shall take more time to develop a decent tucked position :roll:

You can try frog stand straight arms with your knees resting on the inside of arms, lower hips position is ok for beginning aswell, the main focus is straight arms and then after that you get hips level :)

wut he said :D

I personally don't like to hyperextend because it's harder :mrgreen: , so I just stay with straight arms. I also avoid pointing the hands back because that's harder too.

Straighten your arms and lower your hips, they will raise in time.

Work assistance planche work. Planche leans and pseudo planche pushups, ring support/dip work.

Your straight arm frogstand is 15-20s, yes and executed correctly?

Hi Blairbob,

I tested my frogstand today with straight arms, I can get the 15 secs without much effort.

actually I'm including PPPs on rings, and Bulgarian Dips in routine each once/week (currently my max is 4 reps in both).

I'm also making planche static holds 3 times/week

for Planche leans they are not included in my work out ... can you give me a figure of frequency and volume I shall practice them, also ... shall I practice them on ground or rings ?

Thks !

Fady