Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation 1 or Stretch series ?

Andreas Fjeldavli

Andreas Fjeldavli

Hello everyone :)

As the title sugests, I am pondering what program to buy next.  I have completed fundamentals, and I am one week one with Thrive..

I would have bought F1 and SS, but as life would have it, I have to choose for the time being.   Will be able to buy the one im not buying in 2-4 months :)

as I have little to no clue about what the programs include. I have to ask for your help!

My goals:   Short: when Im 55, I want to be like Mats Trane !  :D:D:D:D

Long: I am 27,  by gb standards, I guess Im weak and broken ;)     

My first priority is improving my body control. I am tight and stiff all around!  I would like to change that. I am also very weak, as soon as I get out of my Squat, Bench and deadlift patterns!   Been working on my mobility and bodyweight strength for about a year now, and I am looking to take it up a notch!  been doing ashtanga yoga(first half of the year), BJJ(second half, last 7months) and random mobility excercises for the last year.

Where do I start ?    ( I realise the goals part was a bit,  incoherent,  but thats me)

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Welcome Andreas! Start with Foundation 1/GB Pro+ and buy the stretch courses when you can, as they are still very important.

Andreas Fjeldavli

Thanks for the answer Everett!  It was the one I wanted, Just had to make sure it was correct :) 

Saw the same Topic come up just after I posted this.  So we could just delete it.. 

Thanks alot!

Suzanna McGee
23 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Welcome Andreas! Start with Foundation 1/GB Pro+ and buy the stretch courses when you can, as they are still very important.

@Everett Carroll, what is the difference between  Foundation 1/GB Pro+ and the "regular" Foundation One? I am shopping for Foundation One, finding all these packages (there is not much description there) Not sure what is the difference and which one to get… I already have H1 and TB. 

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

GB Pro+ gives you access to all of the 60+ follow along Foundation 1 workouts that sync up with your workout scheduler. Foundation 1 is still the same and can be purchased individually. It is essentially an add on to F1.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2016 at 11:03 AM, Everett Carroll said:

GB Pro+ gives you access to all of the 60+ follow along Foundation 1 workouts that sync up with your workout scheduler. Foundation 1 is still the same and can be purchased individually. It is essentially an add on to F1.

Apologies but I'm finding this confusing. I'm also deciding between F1 and F1/GB Pro + and the difference isn't clear. There is no reference to or description of Pro+ anywhere on the website that I can find except in the "Buy Multiple Programs" section. Since I haven't started F1 yet I don't know what the workout scheduler is that you referenced. Sorry to be difficult, but want to make the best decision with the best information I can get. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Coach Sommer

Hi Suzanna,

My apologies, Everett misspoke.  

Foundation One is no longer available as an individual purchase.  The previously optional Pro+ purchase was found to be so helpful to beginning GST students that it's purchase was made mandatory.  All F1 purchases now include Pro+.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 3

Suzanna McGee

@Coach Sommer Thanks for clarifying. I wanted to get the combo anyway, and I noticed in the shopping basket that it was what I wanted, so it worked great… now I have another question. I was briefly looking at the exercises in F1 and I already know that I love it  :-)  so I would actually want to upgrade to the whole Foundation package… it says on the website "Students who purchase Foundation One can upgrade to the full series later and still get the discount. "  How do I do the upgrade? When I put it in the basket, it tells me the full price of $395, and I already spent $195 two days ago on the F1… can you please advise how to do it?  (PS, I just love your training philosophy… I am a performance coach for tennis players, and share similar views on training and excellence like you do. I am so grateful that I found you!!!! I keep learning something I didn't have an idea about before. Thanks for all the great work you do for us!) 

• Upvote 2

Coach Sommer

Hi Suzanna,

My pleasure!  Great minds think alike. ;)

If you click the 'help' link in the upper right corner at the top of this page, you can submit a support request for upgrading to the package deal and the customer support reps will get you hooked up.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Steve Chastain

Just to be certain I understand the entire structure before I purchase Foundations One, here's what I'm thinking:

• Foundations One @ $195 comes with Pro+
  • Pro+ @ $25/month is no longer valid (along with F1/Pro+ @ $99 + $25/month)
  • Pro+ is now a lifetime subscription with Foundations One
  • Foundations Two – Four can be purchased later @ $200 ( = $395 - $195); however, we'd need to submit a support request for now.

I found link to Pro+ @ $25/month; however, not via the GB website, rather by a Google search. (I suspect that link is now obsolete, but I wanted to be sure.) Let me know how accurate my thoughts are.

Thanks again, Coach Sommer for your advice; I just caught up with your 2nd interview on the Tim Ferriss Show, so props again to the "human guinea pig" for turning us on to this. Otherwise, for now, I'm doing the Daily Limber each morning as a minimum.

• Upvote 1

Hi Steve, 

Glad to hear you are ready to take on the Foundation One course. You are correct the Foundation One Pro+ is $195. This is a one time purchase with lifetime access. 

Thanks for listening in on the Podcast Steve. :) 

@Cory Fair can you please look into the Pro+ link Steve mentioned on Google. 

Steve Chastain
17 minutes ago, Tanya Hill said:

Hi Steve, 

Glad to hear you are ready to take on the Foundation One course. You are correct the Foundation One Pro+ is $195. This is a one time purchase with lifetime access. 

Thanks for listening in on the Podcast Steve. :) 

@Cory Fair can you please look into the Pro+ link Steve mentioned on Google. 

Here's the URL I found, if it helps: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gb-pro-plus/

Coach Sommer

Hi Steve,

Disregard that link.  It is old and dated.  Simply another fine example of google efficacy. ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4