Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Active pike compression

jutajata

What kind of active flexibility workouts are optimal for this movement considering i already have the passive full pike with no effort, and i can do a solid v-sit and several press to handstands but in paralettes not on the floor.

JiPKC6D2O4M

When i come down from a fingertip handstand my heels block the way trough the l-sit so my issue is definetly active pike flexibility and pike compression, i searched trough the forum and find out this exercise but is there anything complementary for making this movement possible on the floor and what kind of aproach should i have with this position, static holds or 3sets of 20 repetitions etc?

Thank you all the great comunity we have here.

Guest Ido Portal

Three things that I have found very helpful are:

1. The same active pike stretch in your posted photo, but the goal is to perform it supported on your elbows-forearms, not on your hands. Built up to it by practicing with the forearms on a stack of books and lowering down to the floor with time.

Anywhere from 10-30 sec for 3-10 sets.

2. L-sit - Pike press to handstand on paralettes, but with a broomstick glued in between the paralettes. You perform the l-sit in front of the broom stick and continue to press without getting blocked by it. It will make you maintain the active piking for enough time before starting to open up for the press.

3. Pike press to handstand with a stack of books below each hand - lower the stack with time. (when able to perform 5 reps, lower the stack and start over, rinse and repeat)

Ido.

Three things that I have found very helpful are:

1. The same active pike stretch in your posted photo, but the goal is to perform it supported on your elbows-forearms, not on your hands. Built up to it by practicing with the forearms on a stack of books and lowering down to the floor with time.

Anywhere from 10-30 sec for 3-10 sets.

2. L-sit - Pike press to handstand on paralettes, but with a broomstick glued in between the paralettes. You perform the l-sit in front of the broom stick and continue to press without getting blocked by it. It will make you maintain the active piking for enough time before starting to open up for the press.

3. Pike press to handstand with a stack of books below each hand - lower the stack with time. (when able to perform 5 reps, lower the stack and start over, rinse and repeat)

Ido.

Very good exercises. Thank you for pointing the good way. Ill include this drills in my workouts ASAP.