Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting Back to Training

Jonah Goldman

Jonah Goldman

Hello,

I first started gb about a year ago, but I approached the program with the wrong attitude (that is, I rushed through progressions without letting my joints and connective tissue adapt effectively). As a result of this misguided approach -and a few weeks working on ring muscle ups before that with no mind of briachialis health- I began to experience some concerning pain in my elbows. As a result, I took some time off the program. However, I then got caught up in school and applying to colleges. Before I knew it, months had passed without training, let alone well-programmed training. Now, as I'm preparing to begin college in a few weeks, I am committed to resuming training with gb, this time with a much better, more patient mindset. However, I still experience some residual elbow soreness, most prominently in the triceps tendons during lockout of the elbows. I have started with some lacrosse ball work on the forearms, triceps, biceps and other areas like the pec minor and have noticed some minor improvement. However, I'm wondering if this minor discomfort should stop me from going back to training F1 and H1, or if my weakness in the connective tissue in these areas will be alleviated by training more intelligently moving forward. Thanks so much for any help you can give me. 

Hello Johan, tough one. Continuing with your myofascial release and beginning from step 1 without jumping ahead it is possible you could rehabilitate your injuries through GST. You cannot rush. You have to listen to your body. If in doubt listen to your physician.

• Upvote 2