Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lack of mobility during planche. Or not?

Ace Vendetta

Ace Vendetta

Hello. About half a year ago I checked a lot of tutorials and articles about the planche and I started trying. At first, I started with the frog stand, proceeded to the tuck planche and almost the advanced tuck one. And then SNAP - my wrists started hurting as hell. I think that was beacuse I was practicing too often and didn't pay much attention to warming them up. Anyways, here I am, 6 months later, after suffering that inability of using the wrist, I am prepared to try again, this time - much more carefully. So, now to the point - yesterday I tried the tuck planche on the parallel bars again and I felt pain in my forearms. I know how to stretch anything BUT the forearms :D I can hold the front lever for a good amount of time(about 5-10 seconds). I want to ask you which are the best sretching exercises to help me not have any problems with my joints while training for the planche. And also how much times in a week should I practice it in order to not leave myself not able to workout for a month(like before). Thank you and sorry for my bad english!

Alessandro Mainente

Your actual training of the planche it is too much for your current not and you are not already conditioned to train any variations with suspended body (frog stand, tuck pl etc). you should spend a time with a physio first to check the problem and after a reasonable amount of time with something more appropriate for your level (probably only planche leans). I highly recommend the foundations course.

• Upvote 4