Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Improving my Circles

Christopher Nguyen 213738

Here is a video of my circles. The ground area where I train circles on the mushroom is slightly sloped, I decided to train going down with the slope. I aim for 30-50 repetitions per training session in about 20 minutes about 3-4 times a week. What can I do to improve? Thanks for checking it out!

Edited by Christopher Nguyen 213738

Alessandro Mainente

there a lot of work that should be done. the lack of quality is due of lack of techcnique . 

the first mistake is begin the circle with feet and not with the hips. your should be always arched  with extended hips, if you notice at the beginning you are piking to the side. when pike begins, butt moves higher and feet moves low: end of circles.

• Upvote 3

Thank you for that, I am having a hard time understanding how to start my circle with my feet since the way I begin is very natural to me, this might be a stupid question but how exactly do I start with my feet? I will also try not to pike (fold?). I will record a video  for you tonight both on the mushroom and at the gym.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

this is because you have never lerned how to use the hips, for this reason I prefer teach my kids to begin with feet together to that they need to enter the circle with the hips.

• Upvote 2

Luke Searra

Also very basically to add to Alessandros excellent advice is to keep your feet together  during the circle, toes pointed and stay organized.

• Upvote 1

Here is my update video, I think they are better, but I think I am still piking when coming the 3rd position. I am still on a slope, the clip where I face you is going sideways against the slope. Thanks for taking a look guys.

Alessandro Mainente

From my pov there aren't substantial improvements, you are piking the hips from the beginning of the circle. piking at 3 quarter turn it is only a consequence of a wrong body alignment at the beginning of the circle.recovering the position it is by far harder than holding it through the circle.

• Upvote 1

Alright, I'm going to keep working on not piking my hips than. I'll upload another video when I feel like I have achieved that. If anyone has any tips on how I can prevent the pike, please let me know!