Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when should i start jefferson curls and shoulder dislocates

Kevin Edwards

Kevin Edwards

Hello, 

I am new to to this site and I am on week two of fundamentals. I have listened to all of Coaches podcasts and keep hearing about the benefits of jefferson curls and shoulder dislocates. I was wondering if this is something I should start now or should I wait until it is covered in fundamentals or foundations?

Also, I have a MRI verified L4 herniated disc, I still have a little numbness in my lower leg but mostly I am pain free.. I have been given the go ahead by my doctor to do stretching and light exercise. So I started fundamentals GST to build my core. Should I be doing anything else or take any special precautions with my condition? Jefferson curls?

Thanks

Kevin

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Jefferson curl is an exercise at the beginning of foundations but we prefer you finish fundamentals FIRST (beside this suggestion you need to check a physio in order to see if it is doable by you, simply because it puts a great amount of stress on the back).

DIslocate it is not an introductory exercise, it is presented in handstand one that could be a choice after fundamentals completion.

• Upvote 2