Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weekly schedule for longevity

John Demas

John Demas

Hello everyone.  Just got the course and I am trying to work out what my weekly schedule should be.  I'm 45 and after having run a few marathons, my main objective is to maintain healthy longevity. My belief is that there are four key factors for this:  Strength, Aerobic conditioning, Mobility and Mental acuity.  So I have been looking for the most efficient and effective way to address all of these in a way that is sustainable well into old age.  One of the constraints that i come up against is frequency of training.  I have five one hour blocks available on a weekly basis, and potentially two additional one hour blocks on Saturday and Sunday.  I was wondering what schedule would give the most benefits and I have the following questions:

1. If necessary, is it better to do aerobic running + stretching on the same day or is it better to do strength + stretching on the same day?

2. Will stretching 1 day a week, alternating the three modalities weekly (e.g. Week 1 - Front split, Week 2 - Side split, Week 3 - Thoracic bridge, Week 4 - Front Split, etc.) give any benefit?  Is it enough for the longevity objective?

3. Can you point out the pros/cons of the following schedule: Mon: Run, Tue: Strength, Wed: Run, Thu: Strength, Fri: Run, Sat: Off or Strength, Sun: Stretch (varying as suggested in point 2). 

Thanks guys, excited!

JP Demas

• Upvote 1