Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi

J23

Hi

I was just wondering if there are any women who have purchased a pair of xtreme rings? Are there any women on this forum apart from me? I know usually only men use rings, but I don't see what a woman has got to lose from simply trying it out.

My main interest in rings is to gain more core strength and general strength, plus it's something new and different from just lifting weights all the time which can and do get boring.

I set them up 2 days ago and have only tried pull ups, dips and flyes on them. I have to say, having felt how unstable they are, I'm even more shocked when I see gymnasts in inverted hangs on them or doing iron crosses etc. It's unbelievable.

Though I did manage to complete very basic exercises on them, it was much more difficult on the rings than on normal equipment. So even if I never manage to do anything else on these things, it was worth the money, because I now have a different method of training basic exercises.

Other than that I am trying front tuck levers on a chin up bar and advanced frogstands. I was going to try back lever beginner stuff, until I happened to see where it says 'from an inverted hang' and then I was like, oh.......well that definitely won't be happening any time soon! I'm going to reserach to see what exercises female gymnasts do, because mostly all I ever see is what men do, as it's everywhere on youtube and websites etc. I assume female gymnasts must also be very strong, but I'm not really sure how they train as it's not really advertised much.

By the way, if anyone has any advice for me on basic exercises or essential training methods, please let me know.

Hi J23, yes there are a few women on this forum, I'm one of them. I have a set of rings set up in my garage and am currently working a variety of progressions on them, including tuck back lever and tuck front lever, 360 pulls, ring pushups and rows. I too use them as a break from weights in my routine and to work my core. I'm a martial artist currently doing BJJ and Judo and, whenever I get the chance, Capoeira and Ninjutsu.

Inverted hangs are relatively easy if you trust your grip strength, start off doing them tucked. You have nothing to lose incorporating ring stuff into your routine, plus it is fun. However, I highly recommend getting some climbing chalk for your hands! :D

Joshua Naterman

If you search for akrajen on here, you'll see that she is a very fit woman who is quite strong on the rings. You won't look all manly because you use them, she still has a very feminine build and is very, very strong :) Welcome to the boards, and have fun!

If you search for akrajen on here, you'll see that she is a very fit woman who is quite strong on the rings. You won't look all manly because you use them, she still has a very feminine build and is very, very strong :) Welcome to the boards, and have fun!

Cool, thanks - I'm gonna look the name up right now!