Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Straddle planche hold times

Longshanks

I realise I'm jumping ahead of myself a bit here but I'm curious. I hear it's alright to have a go at straddle planche when you can only do a coulple of seconds holding it. Does that mean you'll actually do 30sets of 2 secs for straddle planche? Or do you abbreviate it when doing excercises that hard? I mean that could take a nearly an hour with rest times just to do planche work wouldn't it?

Your shoulders most likely wouldn't be able to handle that work capacity. 60s of really really intense work is not the same as 60s of medium intensity work. I would do maybe 5 sets of straddle's or stick with the adv tuck for longer time. Probably the last one unless you can hold the straddle for 3-5s.

Cheers Razz, I thought that might be the way of it but haven't been able to find a post describing this anywhere. So I imagine 10-20secs of high intensity work is more than enough each workout then?

Guest Ido Portal

Sometimes there is a need to increase work capacity through volume manipulation before further strength gains

can be made. (intensity)

At one time I was perfoming 10-12 sets of 12 sec straddle planche before I was able to steady a 5 sec full planche and

not only perform it once in a while - as before.

This is very individual, but striving for a 10 sec straddle holds is a good mark if you want to advance even further.

Ido.