Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Torn Hamstring

Oswaldo Garcia

Oswaldo Garcia

Hi All,

I just sign up to the fundamentals course. Have some question regarding a hamstring injury.

I torn my let hamstring and there are no muscles there anymore. That causes me lack of power while running, very weak leg if needed to use the left hamstring.

Are there any specific exercises that help strengthen the leg in the other muscles that can compensate for the lack of hamstring and still being able to perform well in my journey to become a GB

Thanks

Julian Aldag

What was the extent of the injury?  Complete tear? or Partial tear?  

Oswaldo Garcia

Hi 

this was 3 years ago. And Dr's gave me a 20% chance of success. So decision was it was not worth doing surgery.

• 2 weeks later...
Eva Pelegrin

Your injury was 3 yrs ago, you're now running, and you're talking about a grade III hamstring strain?!:unsure: You didn't mention the exact location but if it was completely torn, and doctors chose not to re-attach, wow, did you follow a proper and successful rehabilitation program?
My advise, find an expert in your area or even work one-on-one with a good physio/PT online, so they can map out a plan for you and guide you along the way.

I'm not a doctor. Some of the PTs here can give you more specific advice. I will only say that strengthening not just your lower limb muscles but also your lumbo-pelvic control and stability is very important with hamstrings strains in order to reduce your chances of re-injuring your hamstrings in the future. Hamstrings strains require professional guidance for both an accurate diagnosis and to best prepare your body to "recover" and strengthen your weak links. Best wishes for the best possible outcome this time around!