Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introduction; 62 years young?

Jim Small

So I'm a 62 year old doc!  Fairly well preserved, have a nagging right shoulder from a (stupid) weightlifting incident 3-4 years ago and probably some osteoarthritis in one thumb where my young daughter broke it.

Am still Podcasting Ferris talk and am doing research.

I've always been active, high school and college swimmer, Black belt in karate/aikido years ago (but have not thrown a high kick in over ten years.) I'm genetically blessed with, I think, above average flexibility (I've always been able to touch my toes for example and up until the past few years could put palms flat.) Bicycled a lot over the mountains of Colorado. For last three years I've been doing the SuperSlow/Body by Science weightlifting program and have put on some pretty good muscle without seeming to have hurt any joints; this has worked well with my truly insane work schedule.

I'm fortunate to live in Denver and might be able to work directly with the folks here but of course my life is not my own due to hospital responsibilities so it would be tough to do all on-site work.

To me having SOME eyes and hands on with an expert would be superior to just video classes; is that true? Is there some kind of "hybrid" program we could piece together?

I have three grandsons and would love to continue playing with them for decades, maybe even the Great's someday?