Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tap from Alabama

tap

Hello everyone,my name is tap. I'm 39 yo and 5' 10" tall,and 175 lbs. I just started back working out,after flip-flopping between free weights and the Bowflex. But,instead of using the Bowflex or weights,I am opting for just bodyweight exercises. I have already built my first set of parrallettes.Before I ask questions I will tell you I am self taught in gymnastics. At age 15 or 16 I was able to do back hand springs and back flips, as well as other combos I learned off of "Kung Fu theater". Unfortunately, we had no internet back in the mid '80's and all we had to go by,resource wise, was watching someone on tv. That is if you couldn't join a gymn.program.As a result, I learned the techniques the hard and probably wrong way. But it didn't matter at the time, because it was just for exercise and show.Now that I am approaching 40 next Oct.21,I have 2 goals: 1) To be able to do a V-sit.2)to be able to do a planche push up.

Now,here are my questions:

1)Can anyone hear give me a routine that will help me achieve my goals faster?Any exercises that will help me get these done before I hit 40,would be greatly appreciated.Keep in mind I just started about 3 weeks ago so anything beginner is a must.

2)Here is my exercise routine: All are 3 sets

Tuck sit on the parr.10 sec. each

L-sit on the parr.10 sec. each

pseudo push ups 10 reps each

Hand stands 30 sec. each

Wall sits about 30 to 45 sec. each

Calf Raises on the stairs 10 reps each leg

Chin ups trying for 10 on each set. Last time I worked out(Mon.)it was 10-6-3

Is this an adequate enough of a work out? Sure feels like one by the time I'm finished, lol.

3)Can someone suggest different parrallette exercise that a beginner can do?

Also,judging by what I've read so far, I am not giving myself enough rest time between sets. Usually no more than a minute or min. and a half.What I want to do is build strength and maybe some size. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

You need to design a routine that revolves around your goals, so if you want to learn the planche you must train the planche :) I strongly suggest you to buy the book and start training some of the 'fundamental bodyweight positions' such as front lever, planche, back lever and possibly the manna. Training towards the manna will also help your v-sit training. Also don't set your expectations too high, judging from your current workout and thereby strength it will most likely take you more than a year to develop a full planche pushup. Try to read the post about the killroy70 program, it seems like that is a successful beginners program :D