Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SI Joint Stabilization

Adam Hoch

Hi -

I have had chronic pain in my tensor fascia latae and tightness in my IT band for over a decade.  Despite visits to numerous doctors and PTs over that time, wasn't till recently that I found a chiropractor familiar with Travell and Simons (trigger points) that found the issue was actually my SI joint chronically slipping out of alignment, but only on the right side.  Despite the diagnosis and temporary relief from adjustments, my chiropractor only offered basic stretches that I'm fairly certain wont meet my long term goals of rehabbing my body to a degree that I don't have these kinds of chronic misalignment issues.  I've got a long history of tight muscles - very active as a kid with baseball and soccer, spent a few years as a long distance hiker after college (didn't begin stretching till in my early thirties) - and have dabbled in yoga, barre, and various other independent stretching/strengthening programs over the last 5 years without finding a program that worked.  So I was super excited to learn about the GST program and am optimistic that it will provide the desired results.  Just started the fundamentals program and the stretching program (with foundations in the wing after I complete fundamentals).  I'm having the familiar burning sensation in my tenor fascia latae of when my SI joint is out of wack and was wondering if there are any portions of the GST programs that I should focus on or avoid until my strength and mobility are adequate to keep my SI joint in place.  Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!