Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BL problems

rcjones

Is there a recommended progression before even the basic BL tuck position?

I can only hold the beginner BL tuck for like 1-2 secs. It is very hard for me.

FL tuck i can hold for 4-5secs.

Should i just keep holding it for 1-2 secs or try something else first?

Thanks!

Richard Jones

Joshua Naterman

Start in a tucked inverted hang, and slowly lower down towards back lever. You don't have to have your hips level with your shoulders at first, you can work down to that. If you have to stop at 45 degrees from vertical instead of 90, that's ok! You will eventually get all the way down to the horizontal tucked back lever, don't worry!

Nick Van Bockxmeer

Have you tried skin the cats?

this is the best video I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pCqYTC1tCo&feature=related

Work these in both pike and tuck positions, which is easier will depend on your flexibility. For improving the backlever, you want to focus on the rear half of the movement. Start at the point where you are inverted (in either tuck or pike) and slowly bring your body through your arms. Pull back up again to inverted. To start, use very small range of motion and just increase it marginally every rep. Practise this for a couple of weeks and you should be able to see a big improvement in your range of motion up to and beyond the horizontal BL position. Hopefully this will strengthen up the muscles in the shoulders and you should be able to hold a tuck BL for a bit longer.

so start in a FL tucked inverted hang?

bring my legs up and over behind me if i can going on towards a BL position?

is this correct?

i will have to see if this will work where i am at as my ceiling height is like 1.5 feet taller than me. so i am limited on what i can do.

thanks!

Richard jones

Joshua Naterman

You shouldn't have a problem with space, you can always lower the rings some. As for the inverted hang, don't think of it as FL or BL. When you're in inverted hang, the top of your head is pointed directly at the floor and your feet and tailbone are pointed at the ceiling. To do it tucked, just pull your knees to your chest while keeping the rest of your body where it is at. SO tucked inverted hang = you are in a tucked position, knees to chest, with the top of your head pointing at the floor and your tailbone pointing at the ceiling. From here you can go to FL OR BL, it's up to you.

well i figured out that if i raise the rings somewhat i can hold a BL tuck for 5 secs or so.

So for right now i will keep working on the BL tuck.

thanks for all the replies though!

Richard