Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elbow and shoulder clicking doing shoulder dislocates

finis

Hi there,

I noticed last night while doing shoulder dislocates that my left elbow was clicking (more like a crunching sound) when bringing it from my back overhead to my belly and my left shoulder was also very "clicky".

Later i noticed that if i touched my left shoulder with my left hand when i extend my forearm i feel a series of clicks in my wrist and up my forearm.

It dosen't cause any pain but i have never noticed this untill now, i have only been doing shoulder dislocates for a week. None of this happens on my right side.

Any help, ideas, surgestions... will be appriciated.

• 1 month later...

Your hands are too close together.

It is important to remember that flexibility work/prehab is NOT the same as regular conditioning and cannot safely be approached in the same aggressive manner. At your level of training, for best results the discomfort encountered during prehab work should be mild with no excessive straining. Consistency and patience are key here.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

That is what seemed to be the problem, its just my arms where already at least a metre apart, i thought i would have had a bit more flexibitity than that. Thanks for the advice.