Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder Pain

griffdrc

at the top of the support postion on the rings i have pain in my shoulder... the superior distal end of the collar bone hurts... the closest thing i can equate it to is a sharp pain... there is no pain through out the rest of the dip movement, if i do dips on parallel bars there is no pain, i can do pull ups, handstands, ring push ups and front levers without pain... the only other movement that irritates it is horizontal adduction (at the end of the range of motion with no resistence)... any idea what the problem is? no insurance... doctor is not an option :/ any help is greatly appriciated

Sounds like your AC joint is a bit lax and the articulation is rubbing too much. Mine is a bit loose from landing on my shoulder a couple times accidentally.. but that's all it took to jar the ligaments looser.

So I have to ice occasionally and make sure I am keeping my scapulas very mobile (wall slides, band dislocates, etc.) so they can correctly do what they need to do without rubbing too much on the distal end of the clavicle.

thanks... i'll keep working shoulder mobility and rotator cuff strength...

i'm curious tho... why can i hold support on parallel bars without pain but can't on rings?

thanks... i'll keep working shoulder mobility and rotator cuff strength...

i'm curious tho... why can i hold support on parallel bars without pain but can't on rings?

Rings is unstable in frictionless plane. So if your shoulder is unstable at the AC joint and your muscles aren't used to stabilizing then you may get pain.

It should go away as you get stronger.. depending on the severity of your condition.