Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exercise choices question

Amebix138

Right now im still in the process of building basic-basic strength (pullups/dips/scaled back HePSU) but when I achieve it I was thinking I would do a routine 4-5 days (depending on how I'm feeling that week) a week that consists of 1 min front lever 1 min back lever and 3 or 5 sets of HePSU variation. My question is, is this enough to make the best strength gains I could be making?

Maybe. It really depends on the individual and what they do also depends on how much time they have and equipment and how their sleep/eat time is.

You'll make some strength gains at the very least or maintain.

Hmm, maybe if I did that routine and practiced on the high bar a few times a week I'd have something better? Because as of now all I would be doing is that routine and kickboxing where is more cardiovascular. And I would say that I eat around 2500-3000 calories a day and sleep 7-9 hours a night

Mkay, I've come up with some new ideas I would like to run by you, Blairbob, or anyone else reading. I thought I would do what I posted above plus 2 days a week of heavy weighted pull ups 3x3 or 3x5 and 3 crossfit bodyweight metcons. Sounds like a program?

I'd suggest sticking to the SSC and pretty much the basic template Kilroy70 has posted. Tendon strength and joint strength is very important in gymnastic movements and it's built slowly but steady.

The metcons won't do much for your strength, more for your anaerobic capacity and systemic endurance.

If you really want to gain strength as fast as possible you might want to look into details on novice programming on the internet, work your prehab alot, and perhaps du some form of intensifcation/acculmulation cycling with very specific goals. (2-6 weeks high reps low sets lower intensity -> 2-6 weeks low reps high sets high intensity and repeat). But the chance is greater that you'll get overuse injuries this way.

Sounds like a lot of volume. Are you prepared to handle it and not fall apart? Ask yourself that. I think 3 BW metcons would do you in but it depends on the time domain.