Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm new to this.

Marc Stone

Hello All, 

I'm new go all this.. I'm 43 and have been lifting weights for sometime.. I've always wanted to train with my bodyweight and become strong like the gymnasts. But I'ma little discouraged because of my age.. I'd love to get plugged in on how to retrain my muscles for gymnastic strength.

Thanks

Marc

Artur Krajewski

Nowadays there is only one thing I would recommend in such case: get Foundation One. We could get into details of mobility, particular excercises and so on, but really Foundation covers all of that.

"I am glad I delayed getting into Foundation One" - said no one ever.

You can start foundation really gently, no worry about being 'not ready'.

Regarding your age: On the forum I have seen super strong people after 50. I do not know their history or at what point they started though.

Nevertheless, there is only one scenario in which you have no chances of achieving your goals: if you will not try.

• Upvote 2

Welcome to GB Marc!

Regarding the age thing, I am not much younger than you and have only recently started to take my GST training more seriously and it is starting to pay dividends. It doesn't matter when you start, just as long as you do. As Coach says regularly here, you only get from GST what you put into it. 

There are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people on this board who are more than willing to help you get started and answer questions. You just have to get to work.

Good luck with it!

Kevin Herring

I was 43 when I started last year.  It's not your age, it's your attitude.

Foundation One as a minimum.

Foundation One, Handstand One, Tumbling One, Stretch, if you're committed.

Humble yourself and be a student.

Humble yourself and don't try to out-think the coaching. 

Just do the work as prescribed.  The closer you stay to the coaching the faster you'll progress.

Proper technique is the key. 

• Upvote 1

Tracey  Weaver

45 and started 3 weeks ago with F1 & H1. Same as you... Been weight training for years and want to build some raw strength.

Never too late.

• Upvote 1