This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What's your breakfast?

Started by Talal, January 20, 2016 · 77 Replies · 2,906 Views

Shari Lawrence

I have two typical breakfasts I rotate, would like feedback on quality. I make homemade muesli with rolled oats, bran flakes (no artificial ingredients), raisins (not sugar-coated), almonds or pecans, sometimes pumpkin seeds. I top it with whole milk greek yogurt with honey and 2% milk (mixed, makes nice consistency), sometimes part of a fresh apple chopped up. I always have coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 cream/milk.

My other typical breakfast is a big blob of peanut butter with an apple (when I'm running late!), also with coffee and 1/2 & 1/2.

Lucy Criddle

Hello gang, 

Is anyone still reading these?

I have weird breakfasts but typically one of a rotation of: 

* veggie & bit-of-fruit smoothie with coconut milk and / or half avocado

* fish, olive oil & chopped (usually raw) veggies

* fish & avocado

Before this, I'd often have typical 'dinner' food, but sometimes this would have less fat - so I'll keep an eye on that for now. I'm off eggs at the moment as I'm on an elimination diet to check for intolerances (medical related) but am hoping to add back at some point.

In a perfect world, I'd have a massive jug of cappuccino with thick creamy milk, but am trying to cut back on caffeine :'-(((

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi Lucy, 

I think your breakfast looks pretty nice and tasty. 

Also in line with Thrive