Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with Advanced Frog Stand

swift

I can already do a basic frog stand and now I'm looking to progress to advanced frog stand where my hand is totally straight.

2 problems I'm facing when performing advanced frog stand:

1. when i shift my weight forward so my legs can leave the ground, my wrists hurt. my fingers are facing forwards.

2. my elbow hurts from the friction that happens when my knees are on it.

Are these actually normal? And that I should suck it up and continue training this way?

Hayden Whealing

If you have paralletes, use them to instead of doing them on the floor. as you get better try them to the floor. Don't know about problem no.2.

Then, wouldn't my wrists still feel painful even if I can do them on paralettes?

Since they're not trained to bend to the front.

There are hundreds of posts adressing pain in the wrists on this forum. Search the "joint preparation" section.

One option for less stress on the wrists is to place your hands on the ground with fingers pointing to the sides or even backwards to your feet.

If you are using parallettes you could try not to put them parallel on the ground but more like a V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd6Jl44e_dY

(0:13)

If you are new to the forum you probably don't know this one for wrist strength and flexibility (first half of the video)

:arrow: stretches first (hold each direction for 10 sec) then the strength exercises for 10 reps each

Also search Ido's BLOG for further information on how to use it for joint prehab and rehab. You'll find it among his earlier posts.

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/

enjoy :D