Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Leg muscle

Vilmantas Jurkaitis

Vilmantas Jurkaitis

Hello, i want to ask for an advice. Im 17, a few years ago my knee was operated 4 times and because of that my legs are weak, because I didn't walk for a long time which also affected it. When i try to do squats, like full ass to the grass squat it feels like impossible, I squat like to 70 degree angle bodyweight and then my thighs just start to shake, and I feel that I can't go lower. I tried to do 5x5 program, I could squat with 20 kg but it wasn't even near the full squat. I wanted to ask you how can I build muscle strenght to atleast do a single bodyweight squat ? I'm feeling depressed with my situation.

Ivan Pavlovic

Hang a rope from something and pull yourself up to make it easier. Do squats only with full rom with weight which you can squat for full rom.

Before doing anything consult with your doctor.

Vilmantas Jurkaitis

My doctor told its okay to exercise, but how can I can exercise when I can't even do a 90 degree squat... And how much sets and reps should I try to do? 

Artur Krajewski

Try to do assisted squat.

Either use a table and assist going up with your own arm force or ask somebody to help you and pull you up. 

Start doing full unassisted squats the day when you realize you can do at least 3 squats without assistance.

Also consider working on your calf and maybe a little bit of leg raises.

• Upvote 1

Vilmantas Jurkaitis

I have abs strenght, I can do a lot of leg raises hanging and also when lying down on the floor, I can also hold the front lever for 21 second, so I don't think abs is the problem. But okay, thank you :) i will try those assisted squats.