Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skill work and post workout

Spanyard

Hi, mabye its a silly question, but,is good that workout and skill work done before are correlated? Ex: Tumbling and then leg work or skills on rings and ring work, or there is no need to do that? If someone could explain please. Thanks

Doesn't matter.

In general, you should use your skill work to work a lot on your balance/proprioceptive/awareness skills.

Strength and conditioning is strength and conditioning..

Priorities from each change depending on how you progress and what level you are at. Not according to your S&C.

I prefer to do leg work after upper body and core/back conditioning. Then I may more some more specific upper body and core/back stuff and then do mobility, prehab and stretch. Quite often I'll warm up floor basics, then tumble or sometimes hit a swinging event like rings or HB. After that I'll vault or tumble and then hit a support event like PB or pommels. This is because in our old group, we worked PH/FX/HB or SR/V/PB or swapped the 1st and 3rd events. Generally we did some HS stuff like presses and standing back tucks right after our WU then after the 3 events did S&C, stretch.

When I work rings, I like to work some ring strength but in very low volume. Do a set of swings on rings, in/dis-locate/uprise or flyaway and then go work a press to handstand or lever pullout or muscle-up or cross drill. Rinse, repeat. Again the strength work is done in low volume and sometimes I will do a ring strength routine at the end.