Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Active shoulder mobility

Ita Sha

Hello!

I started to attend gymnastics classes every Thursday which is awesome!

The coach told me that I need to improve my active shoulder flexibility and that's has caused me to pay attention to this matter.

This is me reaching overhead with my arms as much as I can: https://www.instagram.com/p/_RJaKPxE6g/?taken-by=itaman8.This pic has been taken right after H1+2 session, so when cold, my ROM won't be like that so much..

I'm doing TBs too, but I would like to add some specific work on active shoulder flexibility.

I would love to hear some advices and tips about drills for active shoulder flexibility that I could put together and make an active shoulder flexibility session that I would do a couple of times per week, hoping that it'll get better.

Thanks for the help!

The first half of H1 is almost nothing but active shoulder mobility drills.

I see you also mentioned you're doing elevated cat, which though it's not an active mobility drill, is an outstanding shoulder opener.

When doing it outside of the T-bridge course, and working if for Handstand mobility, be extra careful not to let your ribs drop. Maintain a flat back and rotate the cat through the shoulders.

• Upvote 2

The first half of H1 is almost nothing but active shoulder mobility drills.

I see you also mentioned you're doing elevated cat, which though it's not an active mobility drill, is an outstanding shoulder opener.

When doing it outside of the T-bridge course, and working if for Handstand mobility, be extra careful not to let your ribs drop. Maintain a flat back and rotate the cat through the shoulders.

Thanks for the comment Cole!

As suggested to me by Elevated GST the GB affiliate in Arizona I started doing the six first mobility elements in H1 (mastery sets, reps and weights)+elevated cat (which I know that when done for handstand, the back should stay flat), as my active shoulder mobility session which I think of doing 2-3 times a week. it is ok that I'm doing those mobility elements with the mastery sets, reps and weights 2-3 times a week or it is too much/less?