Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle up wrist pain

Maya

I have a question about the false grip. When i use it i get a pain in my left wrist while holding it. So far i've had no wrist problems or pains in either wrist while doing other ring exercises, or handstands / planches both on the ground and w/ push up bars. I did however break my left wrist twice which is what i think is causing the problem (since it only hurts with pressure from the false grip but not bending for planche).

What exercises can help strengthen my wrist for the false grip? Current i do wrist pushups, 1st knuckle push ups and false grip holds (and my wrists have never felt better, these are awesome). Should i just stick w/ this or is there anything else recommended? So far its been 5 weeks and my wrists feel a lot stronger / flexible in every other position but the false grip.

Thanks for any advice.

Maya, keep on working those.

False grip is a very unusual grip and it takes time to develop and stretch out the muscles in the forearm for it.

I've seen some gymnasts have some unusual problems in their wrists and supporting when they had broken a wrist or elbow at an early age. I can remember one boy could not get into false grip because of his thumbs which would require them rebreaking it once he got older and mature. Sucks.

You working out somewhere in Sac?

Thanks, yeah i figured i'd just have to keep working at it. I'm not willing to accept i won't be able to do the false grip so i'll just give it more time.

Currently working out in my garage in Sac yeah, I'd like to train somewhere too but haven't found anywhere yet. If you know anywhere that you'd recommend let me know. However all the places i've checked online only have children programs (i'm 24), so keep that in mind :D