Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pain while Stretching

iyaites

Greetings,

When I do the pike stretch and touch my head to my shins, i do not feel any stretching sensation in my lower back or hamstrings, instead i feel a strange kind of "stretching pain" underneath my knees, not inside the knee, but i mean on the backside of my knees, the side opposing the kneecap.

I am asking, because this feels different then the stretch that i feel during pancake or splits. I also do not feel anything in my knees during pancake.

Is this normal, or am I stretching ligaments/tendons?

you are stretching the hamstring where it attaches on the knee.

are you rounding your torso?

are you flexing your foot?

if you bend at the knee sometimes you can raise the stretch higher

sometimes the stretch will effect more in the lower back since that is your weak point (is for me).

Yes, I'm flexing my foot, but its the same if i point it.

I'm not rounding my back very much, it's like in this picture (this is me in China :) )

imga0943.th.jpg

I am just wondering if this is healthy and i am not overstretching the ligaments where the hamstring attaches on the knee, making them weak, because i am at this level of stretch like half a year and this sensation is not getting easier.

When i do the stretch i feel it in the same place as well. Even if i bend my knee, flex my foot, point my foot, etc the majority of the stretch is felt on the oposite side of the knee rather than the hamstring. So i'm curious to know an answer too.

Well if your pike is that good, and you don't feel a stretch in the hamstring connection to pelvis or in your lower back; the next place would be the hamstring connection on your knee.