Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

where to start/incorporating current stuff

Hullaba Drew

Hey guys, so I DIY'ed a chin up bar at the hardware store and got some rings off Amazon about... 2 months ago, and I've made some decent progress--can do 3 sets of 5 unassisted chin ups (palms out) on the bar, 3 sets of 5 dips on the rings, 3x8 ring push ups, 3x5 palms out ring rows, 20 second frog stand, ring leg tuck for a good 20-30 seconds, aaand about a 10-15 second back bend, not fully extended but close.

First question is... where in the program should I start?

Second, how should I encorporate my chin ups/dips/rows/push ups into the progression, since it doesn't seem those are included

Thanks

Homemade programs are discouraged on this site, because 99% of people have no idea how to program for long term progress.

If you are serious about this, look into the foundation and handstand series.

1. At the beginning.  If you can already master the movement and mobility then step on through to the next, but start at the beginning.

2. Trust the program.  If you have specific goals you are working on, you can add them after your F1/H1 workout, but there is nothing that you are doing that isn't covered better by simply working through the program.  I spent months doing hinge rows until the point where my left shoulder was finally strong enough to handle it.  Incline rows are going much more easily than I would have thought possible, but if I hadn't done the prep work with hinge rows I would have likely struggled with incline rows or something else down the line.