Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tendonitis in elbow

gogy

Seems like I am getting more and more pain in side of my elbow most likely some ligament like brachialis, so my question is how to recover from injury. I feel espacially a lot of pain when I attempt doing bridge or pull ups. 

best regards

Edited by gogy

Seems like I am getting more and more pain in side of my elbow most likely some ligament like brachialis, so my question is how to recover from injury. I feel espacially a lot of pain when I attempt doing bridge or pull ups. 

best regards

Hey,

First of all, brachialis  is a muscle, not a ligament. Secondly, On what side does the pain occur? It sounds to me you might have injured your tendon(s). (tennis OR golf elbow injury)

As HB Ron has already said, it will be your forearm flexors if it is on the inside/medial aspect with palm of hand facing forward when the arm is hanging by your side, or extensor tendons if it is on the outside/lateral aspect of the elbow.

You need to reduce load on the tendons and give them time to heal. Any grip work can exacerbate the situation, bridge work places a large stretch on the forearm flexors but also stretches the posterior aspect of the arm (triceps) which blend in with extensors.

It's hard to back of training to allow recovery, but it is the wisest thing you could do. I would concentrate on your core, legs and flexibility whilst taking a break from any exercises that aggravate your pain. Tendons generally have a much poorer blood supple than muscle tissue, which is one reason for a slower healing rate, and is also a reason why you may not necessarily feel pain during activity but it hurts the day after. It takes longer for an inflammatory response to build and set in.

4 weeks of reduced load, then SLOWLY start to build up again.

One excellent tip I have is to apply a castor oil pack on the affected area. Soak a small piece of cloth (old patch of tshirt) in castor oil, ring it out, cover the affected area and then wrap 2-3 times in cling film and sleep like this. Repeat three nights in a row, leave it for 2 nights then do the same again. 

I would also not stretch the muscles too much for at least a week, then slowly use than handstand wrist prep to rehab.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, When I played golf today in morning I felt so much pain with full golf swing in elbow. 

http://graphicwitness.medicalillustration.com/imagescooked/1329W.jpg

If you take a look at first picture, it hurts on side where my smallest finger (pinkie) is and at point where is something like some bone joint on side.

regards

Edited by gogy