Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche question in regards to the back lever.

nbraun198

I can do a lot of pseudo planche pushups with feet elevated at shoulder height, I can hold an advanced tuck planche for 25 - 35s last time i checked. I can hold a full planche against the wall for a few seconds and on parallettes with 1 leg out and a lot of effort. I don't feel very much strain in my shoulders, mostly my back. I can only do a back lever with 1 leg out though and again, it requires a lot of effort.

Would it be logical to think that i could only do the planche if i am able to do the back lever? I was thinking that this would be quite a logical thing to think. I seriously regret skipping out on the back lever. I can do the front lever for a while, but that DOESNT HELP MY PLANCHE!!!

I would just like opinions on this.

Thanks

In GB, it is reccomended to train the BL as a step towards the planche.

Perhaps this is because the body position should be similar. Basically the body is facing to the ground. I don't feel BL in my anterior core but I think some of my boys have said BL has made their stomach sore when attempting it.

It makes me think that the FL is just the inversion of a planche. Hands are in front of the body but you're inverted.

I've been thinking that both FL/BL require pull strength but work on different parts of the core (anterior/posterior). However, I may just be overthinking this. However, FL in GB seem to get classified as more of a core strength element I thought.

Let's see a video of it.

If you're hitting mostly the back there's probably something wrong with your form. If you're arching any at all this in incorrect. Focus on exaggerated hollow position.

Pretty sure Coach Sommer described one or more similar stories where the only key to the planche was their weak lower backs because they already had the shoulder strength

edited *coached=Coach Sommer*

I am glad to hear that what i was thinking could be possible. I just thought that it was too coincidental that i could the the tuck planche and the tuck back lever, but nothing else. Then when I progressed to the advanced tuck back lever later that week, i could hold the advanced tuck planche with relative ease. Now i can do the one leg back lever, but i stress a lot and i can do the 1 leg plache (almost, not completely horizontal).

hmmm good to know.