Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

German presses

Zachary Farber

Zachary Farber

https://instagram.com/p/5wXqF0kDI8/

Does anyone do these? Its sort of a combination of a jefferson curl and a dislocate. You start with the weight overhead and roll vertabrae by vertabrae all the way down and back up going through a dislocation at the top. Ive been playing with them for a few weeks and they have felt very efective.

Toni Laukkavaara

i dont really get what the benefits of this would be since it lacks the hamstring stretch

• Upvote 1

Zachary Farber

Shoulder flexibility and spinal articulation (especially t spine) while stabalizing with the arms. Maybe equating it with the jc doesnt make sense, I guess I'd file it as an additional dislocate variation. Rotating into a bridge is something that has recently become possible for me, and i think it has a lot to do with these guys.

Zachary Farber

Look i made a thing.

post-18006-0-48070500-1439421464_thumb.j

Thats a german press, a german hang, and the end of a manna dislocation. My guess is its called a german press because of its similarity to a german hang, but i dunno i just got that name from some guy on instagram. Anyway, i think it would carry over nicely to these skills

Keilani Gutierrez

the novelty of the new movement is cool, kind of like the pancake / dislocate.

what he's essentially doing is an undergrip dislocate. there's ways of making them more challenging than simply doing them standing. :)

• Upvote 1

Zachary Farber

The way Ive always seen standing dislocates done is just moving the shoulders and trying to keep the back straight which im sure has its place. It feels way different to curl your spine underneath the bar.

And its not quite the same as the pancake / dislocate as that is keeping a flat back not trying to articulate through the spine. I like that one a lot too but i think it functions differently.

Murray Truelove

Took my a while to realise that his palms are facing forwards. Crazy strength/mobility!

Coach Sommer

This is simply a variation of the weighted shoulder extension pull in the MN series.

However the wide grip makes this particular variation relatively ineffective for increasing shoulder extension.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1